Sunbury is a beautiful part of Victoria, offering just about every amenity, attraction and cultural experience tourists, business operators or residents could desire. Unfortunately, Sunbury also appeals to Rodents. Yes, Rodents (mice & rats) are becoming an increasing pest problem for locals of Sunbury especially as we enter the cooler period of the year. In order to make the best choice when it comes to rodent pest control in Sunbury and surrounding areas, there are some important things to know.
WHY ARE RODENTS CONSIDERED TO BE PESTS?
– Mice and rats gnaw at most household materials in order to keep their teeth short. This can cause real damage to your property. Besides the obvious damage to timber walls and skirting boards, rodents are known to gnaw through electrical cables, conduits, and pipes. Sunbury residents have experienced severe water damage and even fires caused by rodent pest infestations.
– Rodents are known to carry and spread disease through their deposits left near food items and surfaces around food preparation areas
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE A RODENT PEST PROBLEM?
Black rats, brown rats, field mice and house mice are the rodents most commonly found in Sunbury and surrounding areas. Some obvious signs that rodents are present are;
– Evidence of consumed food such as cereal, fruits, breads or packaged dry goods.
– Urine or droppings around the property
– Musky odour in pantry or poorly ventilated spots within the property.
– Evidence of gnawing near ceiling or floors
– Sightings. It is often the case that if you see one rodent, there will be more close by.
HOW CAN I PREVENT MICE & RAT INFESTATIONS IN MY HOME OR BUSINESS?
Rodents seek food and shelter. In order to try and prevent rodents from choosing your property to nest in, it is best to;
– Keep all food in air tight containers.
– Clean all bench tops and pantry shelving regularly to eliminate crumbs
– Ensure that there are no gaps or cavities on the exterior of your property.
– Although most rodents spend most of their time at ground level, they can be agile climbers if they need to. This means that as well as sealing all exterior door frames, vents and chimneys should be screened and sealed too.
WHAT PEST CONTROL OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR RODENTS?
If you think you might have a rodent infestation, it is best to call a professional and certified pest control company. Licensed pest control technicians will investigate, identify and treat the rodent pest problem using the most up to date and eco-friendly pest control treatments available. Most likely, several baiting stations will be set up in accordance with known behaviours and tracks of the rodent. Often, certified pest control companies guarantee their rodent pest control treatments.
VIP Pest Control are local leaders in Sunbury and Surrounding areas and guarantee their Rodent treatments.
If you need advice or an obligation free quote for your pest problem, don’t hesitate to call.