Cockroaches – Control & Removal
Cockroaches are quite a common creature that is found in places all over the world. They are an important source of food for a variety of organisms, including birds and mammals, and are an integral part of the food chain. They will generally enter buildings because they are attracted to the food sources available. Signs of their presence include droppings, smear marks, and skin that has been shed. Keeping an eye out for these clues is going to guide you to their presence much easier than a sighting, as they tend to be nocturnal creatures, staying out of plain sight during the day.
To help prevent cockroaches from entering your home or business, there are some steps you can take:
– Keep food sources sealed in airtight packaging or containers, and don’t leave open food lying around.
– Dispose of food waste in a timely manner, not leaving any leftovers out in the open. It is good to give your floors a sweep or quick vacuum after consuming a meal.
– Empty your rubbish regularly.
– Keep the sink clear of unclean dishes.
– If you have pets, make sure that their food and water bowls are cleared before going to bed.
Some common species of cockroach include:
– German Cockroach
Identifiable by the two dark vertical stripes on their pronotum, the German cockroach is the most common cockroach seen around the world. They tend to gravitate toward wet and humid areas.
– American Cockroach
Distinctly brownish-red in colour, the American cockroach usually lives in trees and is known for its large size. It can grow to be between 35-40mm long.
– Australian Cockroach
Despite its name, the Australian cockroach is not actually native to Australia at all. They tend to find home in areas that are not generally subject to extremely cold conditions in winter.
Call us today for a chat 1800 198 041 and speak with one of our friendly team members who can answer any questions you may have, give you a free quote and arrange the treatment suited to your situation.
Why Choose VIP Pest Control:
- Environmentally friendly pest control
- Highly trained and fully accredited professionals
- Efficient and reasonably priced high-quality services
- Over 40 Years industry experience