Ants – Control & Removal
Ants are the one creature that seem to be easy to spot in almost any outdoor setting you might go. With over 12,000 recognised species of ants worldwide, they are definitely a diverse insect. We can sometimes find ants in buildings, hunting for food or water, often in order to prepare for whatever season is approaching. They may recruit mates to come and assist them in their hunt, which is why you might find lines of them crawling on walls, floors, and ceilings. Despite their occasional tendency to invade a property, they play a crucial role in our ecosystem by ensuring food waste and dead insects are decomposed, whilst their tunnelling activities provide oxygen to plants and soil.
Ants will generally live in colonies that consist of an egg laying female (Queen), short lived male and workers (sterile female), and foragers in gardens or kitchens (Workers).
To prevent ant intrusion in your property, there are a number of provisions you can take:
– Make certain that all food matter is sealed in airtight containers and that nothing edible is left out to attract ants.
– Dispose of food waste in a timely manner, not leaving any leftovers lying around. It is good to give your floors a sweep or quick vacuum after consuming a meal
– Keep the sink clear of unclean dishes.
– Remove any potential nesting spots and pathways into your property. If you have any old logs or tree stumps around, it is advisable to remove them so that there are less places for nests to be built. Also, keep an eye out for tree branches that protrude onto your house, as they can act as an overpass for ants to gain access into your premises.
Keep your property well ventilated. Occasionally opening windows and keeping your home dehumidified will deter ants from entering your property.
Call us today for a chat 1800 198 041 and speak with one of our friendly team members who can answer any questions you may have, give you a free quote and arrange the treatment suited to your situation.
Why Choose VIP Pest Control:
- Environmentally friendly pest control
- Highly trained and fully accredited professionals
- Efficient and reasonably priced high-quality services
- Over 40 Years industry experience