Termites Control & Removal in Melbourne, VIC
Believe it or not, in certain cultures, Termites are a food source for humans. Scientists have discovered that they are high in vitamin A, vitamin C, and fat. They have actually gone as far as to recommend their consumption. Other than being surprisingly edible, they also play a role of great importance for forest ecology by decomposing dead trees rapidly and transforming them into highly fertile soil, which assists forests in revegetating. However, when termites enter building environments, they have been known to use their exceptional timber decomposition skills on the timber structures themselves.
There are a few things to keep an eye out for if you suspect the presence of termites. The way they operate is by eating timber from the inside out, which gives them the ability to be quite incognito in their activities. Despite their discrete nature, there are still some signs that you can spot that may hint at their presence. For example, if they are working from the inside out, the timber they eat may appear to be bubbling or wrinkled. Sometimes they even patch up their entry holes with mud. Soft flooring and skirting boards can also point to the same thing.
Equipped with knowledge of the nature of termites, there are many things you can do in order to prevent termites from visiting your home:
- Remove any unnecessary access points around your property. Sealing gaps around water and gas lines is a good idea if you are concerned.
- Wherever possible, try to reduce the number of loose wooden articles in your home that are in contact with the ground. These too have sometimes been known to act as access points.
- Modifying your landscaping can help in deterring termites. Replace landscaping mulch with cellulose-free alternatives, or move it back from your foundation by a minimum of six inches.
- Ensure that there is no excess moisture around your property. This should be especially done around the foundation of your home, on the roof, and in basements and crawlspaces. Plumbing should also be repaired if it ever becomes faulty or leaks.
- If you are embarking on your own home improvement projects that involve some kind of timber, give the the supplies a once over to ensure that they are in good condition especially if they are used. A visual inspection should be more than enough to make certain that you are using unaffected wood.
How to Get Rid of Termites?
At VIP Pest Control, we offer the best termite control in Melbourne. We offer various services in this area, including termite inspection in Melbourne and termite protection in Melbourne. If you have a situation that needs to be handled, we will take care of it through our effective methods of termite treatment in Melbourne.
Call us today for a chat 1800 198 041 and speak with one of our friendly team members who can answer any questions you may have, give you a free quote and arrange termites treatment suited to your situation.
Why Choose VIP Pest Control:
- Environmentally friendly termite pest control
- Highly trained and fully accredited professionals
- Efficient and reasonably priced high-quality termite control services
- Over 40 Years industry experience